One of nature’s best anti-aging compounds is a substance called Lipoic acid. It is also known as ALA or thiocitic acid. Lipoic acid works in a number of ways to help the body retard the aging process:
- It helps in creation of energy production of cells by binding free radicals;
- It works as an antioxidant,
- It assists in muscle tissue repair after exercise;
- As an antioxidant, it can help slow brain tissue degeneration.
- It helps regenerate vitamins C and E in the body.
- Because of its energizing properties, Lipoic acid is effective in utilizing a greater percentage of carbohydrate absorption in brain cells.
- Cell protection and assistance in repair of damaged cells makes it beneficial to weakened lungs, heart tissue and muscle tissue.
Because of its cell repair abilities, Lipoic acid is approved in Germany for the treatment of symptoms of diabetes, glaucoma and chronic fatigue syndrome. It is not regulated as a drug in the US and is available without a prescription.
It is found in two forms, r-lipoic acid and s-lipoic acid. R-lipoic acid is more beneficial to the body, as it is the biologically active form. S-lipoic acid is a man made, chemically synthesized form and a mirror image of R-lipoic acid. S-Lipoic acid and sodium helps stabilize the R-molecule.
Lipoic acid is produced in small quantities in the body. The body’s production slows down after age 30, however. It is found in organ meats such as cow kidney and liver. It is also found some green vegetables like broccoli and spinach. Brewer’s yeast also contains lipoic acid. Higher quantities are found in vitamin supplements.
Though it can be found in the foods stated previously, the absorption rate of Lipoic acid is rather low, less than 20 percent. The low absorption rate is why many seek to obtain its benefits in tablet form as a dietary supplement. It is possible to purchase r lipoic acid at some pharmacies, but not all carry it. Fortunately, there are locations available where to buy r lipoic acid online. With these stores, payment is made via credit card, debit card or Paypal and the product is shipped directly to the buyer’s home.